Monday, March 19, 2012

Execute Stored Procedure menu not appearing

Hi,

I have created an SQL Server instance in SQL Server Management Studio. I have a few databases, and stored procedures in them. When I right click on the stored procedure, I have the menu for "New Stored Procedure, Modify, Script Procedure as, and so on". But, I could not see the "Execute Stored Procedure" item.

Could any one help to find out what could be the problem and solve it?

Thanks,
Luke.Stored procedures in 2000 must be executed from a utility such as Query Analyzer.
I think the 2005 management interface allows you to execute them directly and submit parameters, but I'd have to check to be sure.
Regardless, it is not good to be doing these types of activities in the GUI. Use QA instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment