Thursday, March 29, 2012

Executing SQL Package

Hi

I have created a DTS package in SQL 2005 which will pull the data from oracle and pushes into SQLServer. I am able to execute the package from business intelligence wizard.

Is there anyway to trigger this package manually apart from the wizard?.

looking for responses.

Thanks
GaneshIt can also be executed from query analyzer.

You call it from any forntend tool also.|||Hi

Thanks for your response.

When I create package from Business intelligence wizard, It was created as Package1.dtsx. Now , How can I invoke package1.dtsx from query analyzer?.

As far as I know, In oracle, a package will contain main and a body procedures. We can invoke the main procedure from any command prompt. But I am new to SQL packages. Can you suggest me in this regard.

Thanks,
Ganesh

No comments:

Post a Comment