Thursday, March 29, 2012

Executing SSIS from stored procedure - need to get return value into ASP.NET

I'm executing an SSIS package using the following stored procedure

ALTER PROC [dbo].[SSISRunBuildSCCDW]ASBEGINDECLARE @.ServerNameVARCHAR(30), @.ReturnValueint, @.Cmdvarchar(1000)SET @.ReturnValue = -1SET @.ServerName ='myserver'SET @.Cmd ='DTExec /SER ' + @.ServerName +' ' +' /SQL ' +'\BuildSCCDW '--Location of the package stored in the mdb --' /CONF "\\ConfigFilePath.dtsConfig" ' +--' /SET \Package.Variables[ImportUserID].Value; ' +--' /U "LoginName" /P "password" 'EXECUTE @.ReturnValue = master..xp_cmdshell @.Cmd, NO_OUTPUTRETURN @.ReturnValue--SELECT @.ReturnValue [Result]END

I'm then using a tableadapter to execute this from my ASP.NET page using the following code,

Protected Sub ExecutePackage()Dim ExecuteAdapterAs New SCC_DAL.RunSSISTableAdapters.SSISRunBuildSCCDWTableAdapter() ExecuteAdapter.SetCommandTimeOut(0)Dim strResultAs String strResult = ExecuteAdapter.Execute() lblResult.Text = strResultEnd Sub

If I remove 'NO_OUTPUT' from my stored procedure and run it the results contain a field named 'output' with all the steps from my package. Then below this is my return value. In my code I can only return the first step of the package results - which tells me nothing useful. I need to be able to return the return value (0-6) in my code.

When I have 'NO_OUTPUT' in my stored procedure and execute it I am left with just the return value. However no value is returned in my code at all although the package does run. I've tried bother RETURN @.ReturnValue and SELECT @.ReturnValue to no avail.

Can someone suggest how I can get the value 0-6 to my code?

Sorted!

Commented out RETURN @.ReturnValue and uncommented the line below it and it works. I had already tried that... bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment