Monday, March 26, 2012

Executing DTS package from VB.NET

Hello,

I have a web application that I kick off a DTS package. I tested the package and it works fine. However, when running the package through ASP.NET, I get the following error:

Type mismatch. (mscorlib (80004005): Missing parameter does not have a default value. Parameter name: parameters)\n

I've traced it to a dynamic task step. I have this as the first step in the workflow, but for some reason, it is executing last. Which is definitely not the place where I want it. Is there anyway I can force it, or why is it doing that?

Any ideas?

BrianHey,

It seems the error is because the steps aren't being executed in the right order. The steps are being sorted by name so to speak, as the execute SQL's are being fired first, then the dynamic task, then the pump tasks, etc. Is there anyway around that, either in the package or through code?

Brian|||The tasks in a DTS package will attempt to execute all at once unless you've established a workflow. With a workflow, the next task won't execute until the previous task has completed. Try this MSDN article and see if you can locate what you're missing:DTS Package Workflow.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment