Monday, March 26, 2012

Executing commands in parallel

I have the need to run multiple SQL commands (like osql and bcp) in parallel
from a single bat file. To describe this a little clearer...
While executing a single .BAT file, I want to be able to execute 3 OSQL
commands in parallel. Currently I have to run these 3 serially and it takes
too long.
Is there any way from within a single bat file that I could have 3 OSQL
commands running at the same time?
Thanks in advance."TJT" <T_homas.T_odd@.smed.com> wrote in message
news:OHrmXephDHA.604@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I have the need to run multiple SQL commands (like osql and bcp) in
parallel
> from a single bat file. To describe this a little clearer...
> While executing a single .BAT file, I want to be able to execute 3 OSQL
> commands in parallel. Currently I have to run these 3 serially and it
takes
> too long.
> Is there any way from within a single bat file that I could have 3 OSQL
> commands running at the same time?
>
start osql.exe . . .
start osql.exe . . .
start osql.exe . . .
From a command prompt type
start /?
for help with the start command.
Davidsql

No comments:

Post a Comment