Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Execute DTS package from .adp ?

Hello,

Currently I save a DTS as a storage file. I then run the storage file
with VBA code in the .adp(Access Data Project). This works if you run
the ADP on the Server but the users of the .adp will be opening it on
the network from their machines. When they do it says missing
custtask.dll and some other .dll these .dll are in the SQL server Binn
on the server so they are not on the users machines.
I could not register the .dlls on the user machines without SQL Server.

It would be great if I could solve this problem but I'm not sure
how....

Another possiblity would be to save the DTS SQL Server msdb table and
run it from the server but I do not know how to run the DTS using VBA
code or a SQL statement...

Please help with any documentation or suggestions,

ChuckHi

This may be useful:
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?225

You could run the DTS package as a scheduled job
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269074
or a job started manually
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._sa-sz_11uq.asp

John

<meyvn77@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1126375425.946180.124620@.f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Hello,
> Currently I save a DTS as a storage file. I then run the storage file
> with VBA code in the .adp(Access Data Project). This works if you run
> the ADP on the Server but the users of the .adp will be opening it on
> the network from their machines. When they do it says missing
> custtask.dll and some other .dll these .dll are in the SQL server Binn
> on the server so they are not on the users machines.
> I could not register the .dlls on the user machines without SQL Server.
> It would be great if I could solve this problem but I'm not sure
> how....
> Another possiblity would be to save the DTS SQL Server msdb table and
> run it from the server but I do not know how to run the DTS using VBA
> code or a SQL statement...
> Please help with any documentation or suggestions,
> Chuck|||I really need to execute it using code or a SQL statement.|||So you will need to install/register all the dlls mentioned in the first
post on every client or possibly from your own stored procedure:

http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?210

John

<meyvn77@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1126393799.257226.56930@.o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
>I really need to execute it using code or a SQL statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment