Sunday, February 26, 2012

Execute phase Memory Error => dtsx finished: Canceled

Hi,
I have a data flow component that retrieves records from a table. There is about 3 million records. I do sorts on the records, then use a merge join transformation to join that sorted data with the dimension data. However, when I pump 10,000 records through this transformation it works fine. When I try 3 million I get this error:
DTS.Pipeline: Thread "WorkThread1" has exited with error code 0x8007000E. I think this is a memory error.

I have 1000 MB of memory 30 GB of hard drive space. I am also running this on a virtual server.

Option 1:
Don't use merge join transformations and use Lookup's instead?
Option 2:
Stop using virtual server and put it on a real box and and beef up the memory and hard drive.

What do you suggest?

This could well be related to Sort component. There is a known issue with Sort. Please have a look at the following 2 posts. May help you.

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=21620

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=18421

In these entries there are links to Jamie's blog along with 3rd party providers who has got their own sort component which we can use within SSIS.

Thanks
Sutha

|||Thanks Sutha,

I downloaded the sort compoent from ivolva.com. Very, very easy to download and install. However, that component is cancelling my package. Any ideas? I sent some feed back to Oleg, I hope I hear back.|||I am not sure why it is happening. What message are you getting on the progress page? Ash seems to have tried it out too.

Thanks
Sutha|||

In the Output dialog box the error message reads:

SSIS package "LoadFct_Trans 1.dtsx" finished: Canceled.
Then everything stops.

|||I'll contact you and try to diagnose this problem.

Thanks
Oleg|||I would try to go with the Lookup transform... The "problem" with the sort is that it's asynchronous... So it has to load all the records, sort it and send it out again... You don't have that problem with the lookup... You might run into other problems (i.e. the lookup stores everything in memory by default, you can switch that of but then it might be slow...), but I think it's a good alternative to try...|||I've downloaded the sort util as well but it crashes VS 2005 as soon as I try to add it in the toolbox. Has anyone else experienced this?|||

I have the same problem... could you post what you did to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment