Sunday, February 19, 2012

execute package task

I am missing something simple that's killing me.

I am trying to execute a child ssis package using the execute package task. I add execute package task to the parent package and in the package task editor, under the package options I choose: filesystem for location, I choose new connection and create a connection to the package on the filesystem I want to execute, packagenamereadonly is blank. I execute the parent package and get an error that I did not specify the name of the package in the execute package task object. Now, since I can't populate the package name, as that option is readonly, I am not sure how to remove my headache. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? None of these packages have security.

-Aaron

Ok, nevermind.

The error was actually in my child package. The child SSIS package was running a DTS 2000 package via the execute DTS2000 package task. The DTS 2000 package was loaded internally and for some reason there was a corruption somewhere in that task. When I deleted the task and reloaded the DTS 2000 package the problem was resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment