Sunday, February 19, 2012

Execute Package Task Failed when deployed to server..

Hi,

I have a package that contains an Execute Package Task... it works fine when on my local machine and on our test-server.
After deploying the SSIS solution to our customers server, I open the project in Visual Studio and run the mainPackage in debug mode and the Task fails when trying to execute the package.. if I remove everything in the childpackage it still fails... the path to the package is correct and I know that I have rigths to execut it. I do not use any package security/encryption..
If i create a new package in the project and create a new fileconnection to it the Execute Package Task executes correctly, with the exact same content as the original package...

So my guess is that something in the FileConnetion object is set wrong, but i cannot understand what it is. The errormessage i get is something like this. "Execute Package Failed. Could not execute package".

Anyone had the same problem as I? I′m grateful for any help!

/erik

Hi Erik,

This could be the package ProtectionLevel property. You can check if this is the problem by setting it to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword and then supplying a password. You will need to pass the password in using the /Decrypt switch in DTExec or by setting it in an SSIS job step definition.

Hope this helps,
Andy

|||Sticky|||I still do not know what caused the problem. I "solved" it by creating a new package with the exact same content. I tried to do as Andy suggested but it dit not help...|||

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback - glad you got it working.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment