Sunday, February 19, 2012

Execute Package Task behavior

I’m using a For Loop container to with an Execute Package Task inside, looping until a folder is empty.I’ve noticed some strange behaviors:

1. The child package keeps creating new connections.I start with 3 connections to the DB and when the For Loop container is done I’ve got 364 connections.

2. The Execute Package Task is pulling the wrong version of the package I’ve specified.I’m using a package saved to the File System and there’s only one copy on the drive.I’ve verified the path is going to the correct location.

Does anyone have a work-around for the ‘connection generation’ issue?

TIA

Eric

In your first question, do you load child packages from SQL Server? If yes - make sure you have connection pooling OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment