Sunday, February 19, 2012

execute package task can't continue when the child package failed?

I use a execute package task to run a child package in which I run some sql task.

as the error handle I insert a script task and link a line from execute package task to script task

of course the line is red,

but I found when the child package failed, the execute package task turns red,it stopped

the script task can't be run, I don't konw why?

I tried it again.

I found that if the child package successed then the parent package can run in the success flow

but if child package falied then the parent package will stop at the execute package task, can't run the failure flow.

Anybody konws this....

|||

ycjj wrote:

I tried it again.

I found that if the child package successed then the parent package can run in the success flow

but if child package falied then the parent package will stop at the execute package task, can't run the failure flow.

Anybody konws this....

i'm not sure if this will work. however, try setting the FailParentOnFailure property of the child package to "false".|||

thank you for the answer.

I also think it seems strange....

I tried it. The default value of FailParentOnFailure is false.

I tried it by setting false and true

the result is same.The child package stopped when it failed.

|||

ycjj wrote:

thank you for the answer.

I also think it seems strange....

I tried it. The default value of FailParentOnFailure is false.

I tried it by setting false and true

the result is same.The child package stopped when it failed.

ok. the child package will always stop executing when it fails. my understanding was that you wanted control to return to the parent package when the child package fails. to execute a script task when the child package fails, an on failure precedence constraint from the child package should be connected to the script task.|||

>my understanding was that you wanted control to return to the parent package when the child package fails. to execute a script task when the child package fails, an on failure precedence constraint from the child package should be connected to the script task.

first thanks for your attention.

yes, I want to return to parent package after the child package failed and I hope that the parent package will continue to execute from the execute package task on the failure precedence constraint to a script task as a error handle.but now the execute package task stops if the child package fails.

maybe the failure precedence constraint is wrong......

|||

I found the prpperty "LogicalAnd" of the failure precedence constraint from execute package task to script task(error handle)

I change the value of property "LogicalAnd" from "True" to "False", it works well, but I still don't know the reason.

|||

I made some study and know the reason now .

in my parent package, some execute package tasks have a common error handle task, but I set property "LogicalAnd" of these failure precedence constraint "false"(dedault), it means all of execute package tasks fail will cause error handle task running, of course this is not right,

it must be one of of execute package tasks fails will cause error handle task running, so the value of property "LogicalAnd" is "True" is correctly.

thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment