Sunday, February 19, 2012

Execute Package Logon Failed for User....

Fairly new to SSIS.I have created a package in BIDS, and am trying to execute it so i can test/debug the flow and view the data in the data viewers. I continually get a logon failed for user... its the user id i am using to connect to my SourceConnection OLEDB. I have been struggling with this for a while now, and getting frustrated. I tried Windows Authentication also, still i get an error message logon failed for user......

I have tried all of the security settings, from Do not save sensitive to Encrypt all with password, entered the password, and then try to Execute Package from the solution explorer and still get error message. Thanks for your help!

Here is the error message

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E4D Description: "Login failed for user 'UserName'.".

I suffered a similar problem with ado .net connection. I changed ProtectionLevel property to ServerStorage and it ran fine.

BTW, what about the log?

|||

I guess i can try that, but i like the ease of deployment having the packages file based.

What log?

|||log for that dtsx. By default ssis packages haven't. You can create one from Logging menu option|||Gotcha! thanks for that tip! Is there a package level security i can use for file based packages that is basically no security? We are not concerned about encrypting the sensitive information for this package.|||

OK I logged it to event viewer. It looks like the userid i am using to logon to the sourceconnection (SQL server native client) is also the userid that the package is failing to connect to the local (CLIENT) machine. Why is it trying to logon onto the local PC? Does the user that logs onto this local server USERID1 have to be the same as the userid we are using to logon to the SQL server database USERID2? That doesnt make sense? or does it?

|||Thanks for your help. I was able to figure this out. I was using Package configuration and in it i had selected to override the userid for the sourceconnection (SQL native client). After I took that out, and made the sourceconnection use windows authentication now i am able to execute the package. BTW i also added my local user to the SQL database users. Thanks! I am learning....

No comments:

Post a Comment