Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Execute DTS 2000 Package Task Editor (Inner Variables vs Outer Variables)

Hi,

I am not comfortable with DTS 2000 but I need to execute a encapsulated DTS 2000 package from a SSIS package. The real problem is when I need to pass SSIS variables to DTS 2000 package. The DTS 2000 package have 3 global variables that I can identify on " Execute DTS 2000 Package Task Editor - Inner Variables ". I believe the SSIS variables must be mapped on " Execute DTS 2000 Package Task Editor - OuterVariables ". How can I associate the SSIS variables(OuterVariables ) to "Inner Variables"? How can I do it? Much Thanks.

Jo?o

Can anyone Help me? Any help is welcome. Thanks a lot!

Jo?o

|||

Hi,

Were you able to pass the variables from SSIS to DTS package (called from SSIS using Execute DTS 2000 package task) and back to the parent package (SSIS) global variables?

Thanks in advance,

Subah.

|||

The outer variables are a means of communication from the SSIS package to the DTS package it executes using late binding (the outer variable is evaluated before the DTS package is executed and not earlier).

We map the outer variables from the SSIS package as global variables to the DTS package. E.g. if you add an outer variable called User::mystring variable to the list, we strip the namespace (because DTS does not know about namespaces) and pass it as a global variable named mystring to the DTS package.

|||Thanks, that helped my understanding a lot. I was able to implement the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment