Wednesday, February 15, 2012

execute dts 2000 failure

I have used to the execute dts 2000 task in Visual Studio to successfully execute a structured storage file for a simple DTS package.

I am trying to use the same method for another DTS package, which executes five other packages. I've tried both the 'structured storage' and 'embedded in task' methods pointing to the parent package but in debugging mode the execution immedately fails. When I execute the parent package in Management Studio, it successfully executes the five child packages. I am including the debugging message below, thogh it doesn't help me any. Does anyone know what the problem is?

SSIS package "BPSA_LOAD_ACCT_SUMMARY_NEW.dtSX" starting.
Error: 0x0 at Execute DTS 2000 Package Task: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user.
at DTS.PackageClass.Execute()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.Exec80PackageTask.Exec80PackageTask.ExecuteThread()
Task failed: Execute DTS 2000 Package Task
Warning: 0x80019002 at BPSA_LOAD_ACCT_SUMMARY_NEW: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
SSIS package "BPSA_LOAD_ACCT_SUMMARY_NEW.dtSX" finished: Failure.

My misunderstanding.

I realize now that I have to execute the 5 DTS 2000 package tasks in the one 2005 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment