Monday, March 12, 2012

Execute SSIS package from a ASN.NET 2.0

Dear Friends,

I have a SSIS project (You can see in my blog) with the main parameters, StartDate and EndDate.

How can I refresh this parameters? Where I save it?

Use a table in database with the fields Startdate and Enddate, and link it to my variables in SSIS?

Use the package configuration of SSIS?

Give me some tips!

regards!

How often are they updated? If they change frequently, I'd store it in a database, and use an Execute SQL task to populate variables in my package. If they don't change often, I'd use configurations.|||

jwelch,

Change each day... I will run this package one or two time per day, and the parameters receive the startdate and enddate. For almost the case, because I will import data for each date, the startdate will be Currentdate-1 and the enddate will be CurrentDate, but could be changed for some cases by the user administrator.

The user administrator sometimes would require to import dates for a different interval of dates...

Do you thinks is better to save in a table in database?

Thanks!

|||Yes, that's how I've implemented similiar functionality in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment