Monday, March 12, 2012

execute SSIS package in SQL Express environment

Dear all,

I have an SSIS package and want to execute it on a computer that only

has SQL Express installed on it. Since SQL Express didn't brought

dtexec or dtui so what should I do ?

Sorry for my bad English...

Thanks for advance,

SSIS is not contained in SQL Server express edition. You cannot run a package on box that only has the express edition. For more details on what is included on every version of the product see this:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx

|||thanks for the reply..so there's nothing I can do ?|||

Sorry, I am a little bit confused. I am using SQL Server Developer Edition, which I believe is the same as SQL Server Express. Yesterday I was trying to find out how to do DTS in 2005 and found out on msdn that it had been renamed SQL Server Integration Services, and whilst I could not seem to start the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard via SQL Express as outlined in the knowledge base article, I could start it from the command line by running DTSWizard.exe manually as outlined in the article.

Or am I missing something?

|||Developers edition is not the same than Express edition; Developers edition includes SSIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment