Monday, March 12, 2012

execute SSIS packge using VB(6.0)

Any one has code snippet for executing SSIS packge using VB(6.0)

Once you have created the COM Callable Wrapper (CCW) for the managed SSIS runtime (ManagedDTS assembly), the code will look almost identical to previous VB6 code for calling a DTS package -- after instantiating a Package object, not much more than LoadFrom and Execute.

However I do not have a sample to provide. But the VB.NET sample should be helpful. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms136090.aspx

-Doug

|||

Thank you Douglas.Now i can think of CCW first.By the way do you know any of the tools for creating CCW for ManagedDTs.dll.

I do not have .net framework installed on my system.so is that possible to create CCW without .net framework on my machine?

thanks in advance

|||

I doubt it. You need the tlbexp.exe utility from the Framework SDK. But I haven't used that tool in a long time. (Visual

Studio performs this step for you invisibly.) Please look for "COM Callable Wrapper" in the MSDN Library for more information.

-Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment