Monday, March 12, 2012

Execute SSIS package at remote server across domain

Hi,

Is that possible to execute SSIS packages from a remote SQL Server 2005 in another domain at local computer (Windows XP)?

Can I use SQL authentication to connect to the remote SSIS? My problem is, the user who execute the SSIS is not allow to access to SQL server directly. Is that possible to code everything in a batch file instead?

I tried to use web services to execute the remote SSIS but it always return "authentication error"?

Can someone help?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Mashmallow

Going via SQL Server is the simplest. Remote execution of batch files is not really viable,a nd will certainly have issues cross domain, unless you have a trust. I assume not hence the question.

The Books Online link below covers such the SQL Agentand Web Service method, including notes on getting security to work, have you seen it?

Loading and Running a Remote Package Programmatically
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms403355(SQL.90).aspx)

|||

Thanks Darren.

I have seen this link before and I have tried doesn't work. When I try to debug, it say "Authentication error". Do I need to use Window Authentication or SQL Authentication.

I try to use the dtexecui utility from my local machine to call the package from remote server. However, It doesn't allow SQL authentication. I am currently using VPN to dial in to client network before I am able to run the SSIS.

Regarding the link that you have sent to me. I follow the same code and I get result as below:-

1) use window authentication - I get the "Authentication Error" when execute the code

2) use SQL authentication - I do not get error when execute the code but it doesn't trigger the SSIS execution at remote server.

Please help. Many thanks.

Regards,

Mashmallow

No comments:

Post a Comment